- Mazwai Strategic Communications was founded in 1998 with a clear focus on development communications which aims to close social and economic gaps through communications.
- Our vision is to deliver tailored communications solutions in an economically diverse global market while taking into account the environment in which our clients operate.
- Our developmental approach to communications is an all-inclusive, people-centred model, using creative methods to maximise reach.
- We put extra effort into truly understanding our clients’ businesses and their respective industries, whilst taking a strategic approach to communications that encompasses all aspects of the communications mix.
- We believe in delivering campaign results that add meaningful and sustainable value to our clients’ business.
- Our business philosophy is driven by our understanding of South Africa’s unique socio-economic environment, hence we tailor each communication strategy to respond to the unique needs of each organisation.
- The unique needs of each of our clients informs the communications strategy, supporting events and services, public relations, target audience, media and monitoring, and evaluation techniques.
- We are focused on creating compelling content that engages with audiences to meet rapidly changing markets.
- We believe in a partnership approach that is integrated
About the Founder
- Nomahlubi Mazwai is a seasoned communications practitioner with over 24 years’ experience in both the public and private sector. Her credentials include:
- Rhodes University graduate (Honours degree in Journalism and Media Studies; majored in Industrial Psychology; other subjects included Economics, Linguistics and Visual Communications)
- Benefited from an ANC Diplomatic Training Programme facilitated by the Department of International Affairs (DIA) in preparation for a democratic South Africa’s Diplomatic Corps. Trained in Berlin and Germany and at the Clingendaal Institute for International Relations in The Hague; qualified with Diplomas in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Holds a Certificate in Management from the Arthur D. Little Institute of Management in Boston, Massachusetts
- Worked as Head of Communications at BMF and the Independent Broadcasting Authority (IBA)
- Appointed as a member of the ANC Centenary’s finance and fundraising sub-committee.
- Appointed in 2011 as part of a four member committee for the implementation of the year-long ANC centenary events implementation
- Was a board member for the ANC Women’s League Investment Arm: Malibongwe Women’s Development